Some fun ones
Every year, I go on a missions trip to the Rainbow Gathering, a big hippie festival in the middle of a national forest. This year, I came away with some good word-related entertainment.
First, we coined a new phrase (that I'm not sure applies to very many situations, but when it does, you'll know). One of our tasks at the Gathering is to dig a trench latrine for the use of people who camp near us or eat at our "kitchen." It requires some rather unpleasant upkeep. I will spare you the details. Nevertheless, this year, those who took on that duty (no pun intended) earned the name "Sheister Meisters."
Then, on the bus ride home, we played Balderdash with just a dictionary and paper. (When I was a kid, we played it this way and just called it "Dictionary.") There were a couple definitions that I thought deserved to grace the pages of Intanguinee (you can look up the real meanings for yourselves):
-Quango: when dancing the tango crosses moral boundaries
-Peculate: when you tell a muscle man to think, and he flexes instead
:-)
First, we coined a new phrase (that I'm not sure applies to very many situations, but when it does, you'll know). One of our tasks at the Gathering is to dig a trench latrine for the use of people who camp near us or eat at our "kitchen." It requires some rather unpleasant upkeep. I will spare you the details. Nevertheless, this year, those who took on that duty (no pun intended) earned the name "Sheister Meisters."
Then, on the bus ride home, we played Balderdash with just a dictionary and paper. (When I was a kid, we played it this way and just called it "Dictionary.") There were a couple definitions that I thought deserved to grace the pages of Intanguinee (you can look up the real meanings for yourselves):
-Quango: when dancing the tango crosses moral boundaries
-Peculate: when you tell a muscle man to think, and he flexes instead
:-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home